October 18th – HVCA SABBATH: Our children will be providing song, scripture, children’s story and a special sermon—all by HVCA. Join us after worship service for a delicious potluck meal. Bring something to share, bring family and friends but most important support our children with fellowship with our church family and HVCA. There will be many in attendance so we need your support with food, setup and cleanup. Please call 215-247-7022 to let us know which of your favorite recipe you will provide. All food must be fully cooked and prepared to put on the table. We will also need help for setup/cleanup support that day. Thank you for your support in whatever way you can.
Students need your help to attend HVCA. The number of students that want to attend HVCA but who need financial support has outgrown our scholarship program. These students desperately need sponsors who will help to empower them to attend this year. Make a difference in a young person’s life and consider becoming a sponsor. Adventist Education changes lives.
We have launched an ambitious and bold campaign to transform our building and grounds. We are acutely aware that our stewardship of this beautiful space used for ministry requires us to repair and improve them until they reflect the glorious and sustaining love of God for us. Please join us in this transformational journey!
Complete gutter replacement
- Installation of underground pipes to drain water away from the church and basement
- Regrading ground after installation
- Runoff directly fed into a rain garden with plantings
- Mold mitigation in basement and offices
- Beautification of church grounds
- Removal of dead plantings and adding new
- Update current church sign which is over 50 years old
- Add outdoor lighting to the sign and church
- The history of the church building, states that we have the oldest bell in Chestnut Hill
- Currently, the bell tower is a safety hazard and is in need of structural repair
Interior Carpet and Paint
- Current carpet is over 40 years old
- Paint is chipping and in need of refreshing
Give online to “Capital Campaign” or mark your tithe envelope and drop it in the offering on Sabbath morning!
Please feel free to call the church office if you have any questions.
Saturday, October 4th at 6:00 PM
You are invited to begin your Sabbath morning with song service and special music during Sabbath service—October 4th.
Then, there will be a "6:00 PM concert with Josh and Jackie Cunningham who will blend their world-class musical talents for us in a sacred concert featuring vocal, guitar and piano music. The Ectophiles’ Guide Sherlyn Koo said “To watch Josh play guitar solos is a revelation.” Jackie’s perfect pitch piano skills place her in demand as an accompanist, but her vocals and songwriting elevate her musicality to an even higher level. Be prepared to hear angels singing along with this gifted duo. Light refreshments and product sale follow the concert.